Saturday 3 December 2011

Religious Argument No.2


You can’t prove God doesn’t exist!

I was going to put this as No. 1 purely because it comes up so frequently and is so annoying but I think due to the actual importance of the now No.1 this statement had to get knocked down a peg.

No I can’t, but as comedian Ricky Gervais puts it “It annoys me that the burden of proof is on us. It should be: ‘You came up with the idea. Why do you believe it?’ I could tell you I’ve got superpowers. But I can’t go up to people saying ‘Prove I can’t fly.” They’d go: ‘What do you mean ‘Prove you can’t fly’? Prove you can!”

I think Ricky has it spot on, at the end of the day I’m not the one who believes that there is a magical man up in the sky, and that the earth is only 6,000 years old regardless of any evidence that contradicts my beliefs, why should the onus be on myself to disprove the essentially insane claims of the religious.

No comments:

Post a Comment